|Dear NC Beer Supporters,|
The Omnibus Bill, SB 290 has been sent to Governor Cooper to be signed into law!
This was a large win for our industry. It took a sustained and concerted effort to bring these changes about. Again, my sincerest thanks to all who provided input and support, and a huge thank you to our lobbyist Alex Miller for his hard work, to Laura Collier for her legal input, and to the other industry associations (Retail Merchants, Restaurant & Lodging, Beer & Wine Wholesalers, and Distilled Spirits) who all worked collaboratively with us to get this through. Also, special thanks to our North Carolina legislators who continue to support our industry.
Below is a list of key provisions that can benefit your operations:
* Ability to private label beer products
* Clarification of contract brewing rules
* Ability to sell at non 365 day farmers markets
* Ability to sell at university/college events
* Dogs allowed in taprooms that do not prepare food on-site
* Serve two beers to a single person
* Transfer between retail locations 4 times per year
* Beer at bingo games
* Retained retail delivery rights without an additional permitting requirement
It is important to note that most of the provisions go into effect on September 1, 2019. So no dogs or multiple drink servings until then.
Enjoy the weekend, stay cool and thank you for your support!
NCCBG Executive Director